· Brief Anatomy of the Pericardium
· CKD and Uremia
· Uremic Pericarditis
· Incidence - world wide including Nigeria.
· Its recognition and symptoms
· Treatment options
Presented to the Nigerian Medical Association Conference in Calabar.
Charmaine Emelife MD, MHA
Senior Partner, Atlanta South Nephrology
President Elect, ANPA
PROF. AKIN OSIBOGUN, FMCPH., FWACP, FRSPH, CPPPS,
LAGOS UNIVERSITY TEACHING HOSPITAL
IDI-ARABA, SURULERE, LAGOS.
NMA NEC MEETING, GOLDEN TULIP HOTEL, FESTAC, LAGOS
14TH DECEMBER 2017.
- Understanding the definition and burden of Communicable and Noncommunicable diseases
- Identify risk factors for NCD
- Identify preventative ways against NCD
Outline Of The Course
- Introduction/Definition NCDs/CDs
- Global Burden of NCDs
- General Trends in Disease Pattern in Nigeria
- Risk Factors for NCDs
- Control Strategies/Way Forward